Manassas Journal Messenger | Men charged in McKoy murder appear in court

Two of the men charged with the January murder of Maurice Lashaun McKoy, 22, appeared in Prince William General District Court for preliminary hearings.

Antonio James Shaw, 21, of 4305 Ensbrook Lane, is charged with murder, use or display of a firearm in the commission of a felony and shooting into an occupied dwelling.

O’Bryan Darnell Woods, 20, is charged with first degree murder, use of a firearm in the commission of a felony and discharging a firearm into an occupied building.

Woods waived his preliminary hearing Tuesday. The charges against him will be considered by the Grand Jury in September. Woods also testified Tuesday against Shaw in Shaw’s preliminary hearing.

Woods testified he drove his 1999 Honda Accord McKoy’s Dale City neighborhood. Shaw and another passenger in the car told him to stop, got out of the car, and told him to pop the hood, Woods said. Woods said that when he picked up Shaw, Albert Acheampong-Kwarteng, and a third passenger, they had stashed wrapped handguns under the hood of his car.

Woods said that Shaw and Robinson ran down the hill toward Belvedere Drive, where McKoy’s home was located.

“Me and Acheampong were still in the car and I heard shots go off,” Woods testified. “I saw muzzle shots; they seemed directed at a house on Belvedere.”

Shaw’s cousin, Geoffrey Leon Washington, also testified for the prosecution. Washington said that Shaw called him and told him about the shooting.

“He said, ‘We just busted in a joint,’ ” Washington testified. “He hung up and I met him later. … I said the guy had died. He just looked shocked, surprised. He just turned around and walked away.”

McKoy, 22, was playing video games in his Dale City home when he was fatally shot. Detective P. J. Masterson testified that McKoy was flown to Fairfax Hospital, but died Jan. 10.

Woods then testified that he drove to Lorton, where Shaw stashed the gun in a sewer.

Prince William General District Court Judge Charles F. Sievers decided there was sufficient evidence to continue holding Shaw on the charges, and to send the case to the Grand Jury in September.

Similar Posts