A chance for members of the Prince William Regional Chamber of Commerce to meet and quiz the two candidates for chairman of the Prince William Board of County Supervisors is among events planned by the organization during the month of October.
The breakfast forum Legislative Leaders Breakfast: “Meet the Candidates for Chairman of the Prince William Board of County Supervisors” will take place on Oct. 18 at 8 a.m. at Montclair Country Club, 16500 Edgewood Drive, Montclair.
The candidates are Sharon Pandak and Corey Stewart. Those attending will learn firsthand the candidates’ answers to questions that affect local businessmen.
The cost to attend is $20 per person and the session is open to the public.
Other events planned for the month include:
• Hot Topics, a free “lunch and learn’ series is the latest offering of the chamber, giving easy-to-implement business growth strategies led by a variety of industry experts. Jim DiModica of APT Impact will share insight on the value of “Building Strategic Alliances & Marketing Partnerships.” Those attending the session on Oct. 11 at 11:45 should bring their own lunch.
• Comcast-Manassas Call Center, 11101 University Blvd., Manassas, will host a Business After Hours forum Oct. 12 at 5:30 p.m. and businessmen can learn how Comcast’s cutting-edge products and services can help their business.
• The chamber will conduct its annual Business Awards on Oct. 19 at 6 p.m. at the Heritage Hunt Golf and Country Club. The formal event highlights the many contributions that area businesses make to the community and showcases the diverse businesses that blend to make the county such a dynamic place to work and live. Keynote speaker Ric Edelman is one of the nation’s most acclaimed financial professionals.
• The “Lunch Bunch” event will be conducted at the Taste of Tandoor, 13836 Smoketown Road, Woodbridge on Oct. 20 at noon. Area professionals can gather and discuss the issues that they choose, networking at their own pace.
• A 2006-2007 Scholarship Fundraiser will take place on Oct. 25 at noon at Bonefish Grill, 7611 Somerset Crossing Drive, Gainesville. A $25 donation is requested; there is no charge for the lunch itself which is donated by Bonefish.
• A Business Before Hours is planned for Oct. 26 at 8 a.m. at Chem Dry Prince William at Chalet on the Lake, 2233 Tackett’s Mill, Lake Ridge.
• A ribbon cutting ceremony will take place at Colesce Couture-International, 13505 Spriggs Road, Manassas on Oct. 27 at noon.
• Speed Networking, a new event, will take place on Oct. 31 at 8 a.m. at the Montclair Country Club. The event is a program to help the chamber members break the ice and build business connections that last.