Man with fake mustache fails to rob check store
A man with a drawn-on mustache unsuccessfully tried to rob a Sudley check cashing store Monday afternoon, Prince William County police said.
The robber entered Ace Check Cashing at 8337 Sudley Road around 1:45 p.m. with a note announcing the robbery and saying he had a gun, although he never showed a gun, said Detective Dennis Mangan, police spokesman.
The teller did not give him any money and the man left the store, police said.
Police describe him as a 4-foot-9-inch, 120-pound black man with black hair, who was wearing a black hooded sweatshirt and a black hat during the robbery. He also had a mustache that appeared to be drawn with a black marker, police said.
Lake Ridge man faces marijuana charge
A Lake Ridge man was found with suspected marijuana during a traffic stop Monday afternoon in Lake Ridge, police said.
Gregory Alexander Morris, 20, of 3430 Caledonia Circle was released on a summons for possession of marijuana.
Morris was stopped at the intersection of Smoketown Road and Old Bridge Road around 4:40 p.m. and an officer found the suspected marijuana in the car.
— David Stegon
Prince William County police reported the following incidents:
• A PlayStation2 and $700 in cash were stolen from a Sam Goody store in the 8300 block of Sudley Road in the Sudley area between 10:30 p.m. Saturday and 10:20 a.m. Sunday.
• A bike valued at $210 was stolen from a shed behind a home in the 10000 block of Irongate Way in the Irongate subdivision in the Sudley area between 9 a.m. Feb. 21 and 1 p.m. Monday.
• An 8-month-old Chihuahua valued at $700 was stolen from a 2002 Ford parked in front of a grocery store in the 10800 block of Sudley Manor Drive in the Sudley area around 3 p.m. Sunday. The dog is coffee colored, weighs eight to 10 pounds and has a black nose and brown eyes. She also has a black stripe on her back.
• A basketball, cell phone and 60 compact discs valued at $1,170 were stolen from a 2000 Ford parked in the 16700 block of Point Pleasant Lane in Neabsco between 4 p.m. Sunday and 5:30 a.m. Monday.
• A power saw valued at $450 was stolen from the bed of a 1995 Chevrolet Truck parked in the 17900 block of Dumfries Shopping Plaza in Dumfries between 11 and 11:15 a.m. last Thursday.
• Assorted tools valued at $3,525 were stolen from the bed of a 1988 Ford parked in the 3300 block of Vineland Place in the Neabsco area between midnight last Thursday and midnight Saturday.
• A purse and its contents were stolen from a 1998 Nissan parked in the 6700 block of Sutton Oaks Way near Haymarket between 2 p.m. Saturday and 7 a.m. Sunday.
• An air compressor, table saw, staple gun, two drills and two air hoses valued at $2,200 were stolen from a home under construction in the 14200 block of Silverdale Drive in Dale City between 5 p.m. Feb. 10 and noon Feb. 11.
— David Stegon