Victim attacked, robbed by three in Woodbridge
A 20-year-old Woodbridge man and two other people allegedly attacked a man and then robbed him Wednesday morning in Woodbridge, Prince William County police said.
Cornellius Demetrus Jones, of 15599 Horseshoe Lane, No. 599, was charged with armed robbery, malicious wounding and use of a firearm in commission of a felony, said 1st Sgt. Kim Chinn, department spokeswoman.
Jones and two other men allegedly jumped a 43-year-old man as he was walking in the 14300 block of Jeffries Road around 12:25 a.m., police said.
One of the three men allegedly pulled out a BB gun during the incident, but the robbers did not take anything, police said.
The victim was taken to a local hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
Tools stolen from work truck in Sudley area
A 38-year-old Manassas man allegedly stole tools from a work truck Tuesday afternoon near Prince William Hospital in the Sudley area, Manassas City police said.
Blair Allen Booher, 38, of 8501 Spruce St., was charged with grand larceny, said Sgt. Tim Neumann, police spokesman.
The victim told police that someone took tools from his truck around 1:45 p.m. Two witnesses saw a man driving around the park lot and drive up to the victim’s truck, police said.
They saw him remove several tools, put them in his vehicle and drive off, police said.
Officers traced the offender’s license plates and found the tools in his car, police said.
Booher is being held in lieu of $5,000 bond.
— David Stegon
Prince William County police reported the following incidents:
• Two dollars in change was taken from a home in the 6400 block of Cathaprin Road near Haymarket May 11 between 7 a.m. and 2 p.m.
• A Honda generator and several thousands of dollars in tools were stolen from a home in the 9900 block of King George Drive in the Manassas area between 7:30 p.m. Saturday and 7 a.m. Sunday.
• Tools valued at $2,310 were stolen from a home in the 9500 block of Manassas Forge Drive in the Manassas area between 10 p.m. Saturday and 5 a.m. Sunday.
• Chrome spinners valued at $1,456 were stolen from a home in the 13800 block of Regal Court in Dale City Tuesday between 4:50 a.m. and 7 a.m.
Manassas City police reported the following incidents:
* Stereo equipment valued at a combined $900 was stolen from a 2000 Honda parked in the 10000 block of Magnolia Grove and from a 1997 Honda parked in the 10000 block of Butternut Circle between 11 p.m. Monday and 6:30 a.m. Tuesday.
Anyone with information is asked to call Manassas City crime solvers at (703) 330-0330. Callers do not have to give their names or testify in court and may receive up to $1,000 reward.
— David Stegon