Bank robbery suspect surrenders to police
Christopher Anthony Clemons, wanted for Sunday’s robbery of a Lake Ridge bank, turned himself in early Tuesday morning, Prince William County police said.
Clemons went to the Gar-Field substation of Prince William County police and turned himself in to the officer at the front desk, said Detective Dennis Mangan, police spokesman.
Clemons has been charged with robbery and use of a firearm in the commission of a felony for his role in the robbery of the New Provident Bank at 12451 Hedges Run Drive, police said. He is being held without bond.
Two others wanted in the robbery, Christopher Archie and Eric Clemons, Christopher’s brother, were arrested shortly after the robbery.
Christopher Clemons, 21, and Eric Clemons, 23, both live at 12760 Tadsworth Place, Apt. 203 in Dale City, while Archie, 22, lives at 231 Third Ave. in Quantico.
Man, woman charged after incident leaving restaurant
A woman told a Denny’s waitress that she was being abducted, but when police later stopped her car, she allegedly began cursing and hit an officer with her car door, Prince William County police said.
Shirley Fay Melvin went into the bathroom of a Woodbridge Denny’s restaurant and told a waitress that the man she was with, James Myles Jr., was abducting her at gunpoint, said Detective Dennis Mangan, police spokesman.
Denny’s staff members called police, who pulled Myles over in a 1993 Dodge Caravan at the intersection of Montgomery Avenue and Opitz Boulevard around 11 p.m., police said.
Police allegedly found two handguns in the car and charged Myles, 54, of 15020 Ashdale Circle in Dale City with carrying a concealed weapon, police said.
Melvin, who was sitting in the passenger seat allegedly began using abusive language and opened the door, striking an officer, police said.
Melvin, 48, of 3434 Beale Court, was charged with assault and battery on a police officer and held without bond, police said.
— David Stegon
Prince William County police reported the following incidents:
• Compact discs, a Sony Handycam and cell phone were stolen from a 2004 Mitsubishi parked in the garage of a home in the 13700 block of Latonia Court near Gainesville between 10 p.m. Thursday and 7 a.m. Friday. A cordless drill was also stolen from inside the garage.
• An estimated $800 in damage was done to New World Tours at 7920 Gainsford Court in Gainsford Industrial Park near Gainesville. Someone entered an unlocked door and damaged a safety glass window and two screens.
• A stereo, speaker box and subwoofer valued at a combined $465 were stolen from a 1998 Honda in the 15300 block of Edgehill Drive in Occoquan between 1 and 9 a.m. Saturday.
• A jacket, pants and wallet valued at a combined $310 were stolen from a locker inside Woodbridge Sport and Health Club in the 13000 block of Sport and Health Drive in Woodbridge between 11:45 and 11:55 a.m. Saturday.
• A tailgate valued at $500 was stolen from a 1999 Chevrolet parked in the 14400 block of Artery Lane in Dale City between 10 p.m. Thursday and 6 a.m. Friday.
• A Sony stereo system valued at $1,800 were stolen from a 1994 Ford parked in the 9500 block of Bonair Drive in the West Gate of Lomand subdivision near Manassas between 6 p.m. Thursday and 5:30 p.m. Friday.
— David Stegon