Sudley-area man faces gun recklessness charge
A 59-year-old Sudley-area man is accused of accidentally firing a gun while cleaning it Saturday night in his apartment, Prince William County police said. The bullet went into the wall between apartments.
Clarence Eugene Rohrer, of 14095 Butterfield St., was charged with reckless handling of a firearm and is being held in lieu of a $2,500 bond, said 1st Sgt. Kim Chinn, department spokeswoman.
A 36-year-old neighbor heard a loud bang in her apartment around 8:25 p.m. and felt drywall hit her, police said.
Upon investigation, police learned that Rohrer was cleaning his gun when it accidentally went off, and took him into custody.
Rohrer is scheduled to appear in court June 15.
Woodbridge man faces two charges after fight
A 34-year-old Woodbridge man allegedly cut another man with a knife during a fight Sunday night in the backyard of the victim’s Woodbridge home, police said.
Arturo Alvir-Carcamo of 14319 Randall Drive was charged with malicious wounding and is being held in lieu of $10,000 bond, police said.
A 45-year-old man was in his backyard in the 14300 block of Randall Drive around 9 p.m. when Alvir-Carcamo allegedly came up to him with a knife and threatened to kill him, police said.
The victim grabbed a chair to defend himself and the two got into a fight, police said.
Alvir-Carcamo allegedly cut the man on his finger, police said.
Alvir-Carcamo was also charged with identification fraud, police said.
Victim, 50, robbed by two men near Manassas
Two men attacked a 50-year-old man and then stole his wallet Sunday afternoon near Manassas, police said.
The victim was walking in the 8300 block of Barrett Drive when the two men attacked him from behind, police said.
They forced the victim to the ground and took his wallet before running away, police said.
The victim was taken to a local hospital with minor injuries.
The two attackers are described as men in their 20s. No further description was available.
— David Stegon
Prince William County police reported the following incidents:
• A laptop valued at $2,500 was stolen from American Mailing Systems in the 13400 block of Minnieville Road in Dale City between 2 and 3 p.m. Monday.
• A Honda generator valued at $1,083 was stolen from a truck parked in the 13600 block of Langtree Court in Dale City between 4 p.m. Sunday and 6:30 a.m. Monday.
• Lumber valued at $1,386 was stolen from a home in the 15500 block of Banjo Court in Dale City between 4 p.m. Saturday and 9:45 a.m. Monday.
• A 9 mm handgun valued at $225 was stolen from a home in the 1900 block of Willow Lane in Woodbridge between 8 a.m. May 1 and 8 p.m. Sunday.
• A stereo valued at $400 was stolen from a station wagon parked in the 2800 block of Woodmark Drive in Woodbridge between 11:30 p.m. Friday and 9 a.m. Monday.
• A multimedia station valued at $1,500 was stolen from a car parked in the 1200 block of Falling Creek Drive near Manassas on Friday between 1 and 7:10 a.m.
• Materials valued at $1,156 were stolen from a construction site in the 7600 block of Great Dover Street between 4:30 p.m. Thursday and 10 a.m. Friday. The site is off Thoroughfare Road in the Estates at Breyertown subdivision near the Fauquier County line.
— David Stegon